|For all first-year students at the HSC
|Opportunities to meet students in all seven colleges
|Several activities or programs each semester
|HSC Student Affairs
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center First-Year
Professional Student Programs (HSC1) is established to provide all first-year
students interdisciplinary experiences by planned opportunities to meet
students, an avenue for campus information sharing, and a pathway to enhance
contact and communication with first-year students.
Programs for 2012-2013
- August 22, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. - Welcome Back Ice Cream Social. Come bring your friends and meet new friends! This event is designed to welcome first-year students to the HSC family. Deans and administrators from each college will be in attendance along with HSC Crimson Club members to welcome you! Come for a FREE t-shirt and ice cream sundae after a long day in class.
- Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 11:30 a.m. - Bevo Bash Lunch. Kick off a great start to OU/Texas weekend by celebrating a victory early! Bring your friends and enjoy a FREE lunch to get the celebration started!
- Thursday, November 15, 2012 at noon - Global Thanksgiving. Come gather with your friends and classmates for a global Thanksgiving meal. HSC 1 partners with International Student Services to bring a meal to celebrate Thanksgiving all around the world. FREE lunch for those who attend.
- Ice Cream Social
- Kayaking Trip
- Bevo Bash Lunch
- International Global Thanksgiving
- Welcome Back Social
- Valentine's Sweet Sensation
HSC 1 Liaison
If you are interested in representing your college as a HSC 1 Liaison please contact Lauren-Eichinger (at) ouhsc (dot) com. This team of liaisons helps plan and facilitate events for HSC 1. It is preferred that you are a first-year student at the HSC campus.