|For all first-year students at the HSC
|Opportunities to meet students in all seven colleges
|Several activities or programs each semester
|HSC Student Affairs
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center First-Year
Professional Student Programs (HSC1) is established to provide all first-year
students interdisciplinary experiences by planned opportunities to meet
students, an avenue for campus information sharing, and a pathway to enhance
contact and communication with first-year students.
Programs for 2013-2014
- August 22, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. in the David L. Boren Student Union - Welcome Back Ice Cream Social. Come bring your friends and meet new friends! This event is designed to welcome first-year students to the HSC family. Deans and administrators from each college will be in attendance along with HSC Crimson Club members to welcome you! Come for a FREE t-shirt and ice cream sundae after a long day in class.
- October, 8, 2013 at Noon on the David L. Boren Student Union East Patio. - Bevo Bash Lunch. Kick off a great start to OU/Texas weekend by celebrating a victory early! Bring your friends and enjoy a FREE lunch and games to get the celebration started!
- November 21, 2013, David L. Boren Student Union Room 262 - Global Thanksgiving (in partnership with HSC Cousins). Come gather with your friends and classmates for a global Thanksgiving meal. HSC 1 partners with International Student Services to bring a meal to celebrate Thanksgiving all around the world. FREE lunch for those who attend.
- Ice Cream Social
- Kayaking Trip
- Bevo Bash Lunch
- International Global Thanksgiving
- Welcome Back Social
- Valentine's Sweet Sensation
HSC 1 Liaison
If you are interested in representing your college as a HSC 1 Liaison please Cassie Stegall. This team of liaisons helps plan and facilitate events for HSC 1. It is preferred that you are a first-year student at the HSC campus.