The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center First-Year Professional Student Programs (HSC1) provides first-year students an interdisciplinary experience through planned campus wide events. HSC1 helps to identify avenues for campus information sharing, access to campus resources and pathways to enhance contact and communication for students new to campus.
Programs for 2013-2014
- August 22, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. in the David L. Boren Student Union - Welcome Back Ice Cream Social. Come bring your friends and meet new friends! This event is designed to welcome first-year students to the HSC family. Deans and administrators from each college will be in attendance along with HSC Crimson Club members to welcome you! Come for a FREE t-shirt and ice cream sundae after a long day in class.
- October, 8, 2013 at Noon on the David L. Boren Student Union East Patio. - Bevo Bash Lunch. Kick off a great start to OU/Texas weekend by celebrating a victory early! Bring your friends and enjoy a FREE lunch and games to get the celebration started!
- November 21, 2013, David L. Boren Student Union Room 262 - Global Thanksgiving (in partnership with HSC Cousins). Come gather with your friends and classmates for a global Thanksgiving meal. HSC 1 partners with International Student Services to bring a meal to celebrate Thanksgiving all around the world. FREE lunch for those who attend.
- Ice Cream Social
- Kayaking Trip
- Bevo Bash Lunch
- International Global Thanksgiving
- Welcome Back Social
- Valentine's Sweet Sensation
HSC 1 Liaison
If you are interested in representing your college as a HSC 1 Liaison please Cassie Stegall. This team of liaisons helps plan and facilitate events for HSC 1. It is preferred that you are a first-year student at the HSC campus.