Skip to main content Skip to left-side content

Student Organizations


HSC Student Affairs

David L. Boren Student Union, Suite 300

(405) 271-2416


HSC Student Government Association

Student OrganizationOnline Registration

Student Activity Fee Allocation Form

Student Organization Signature Sheet

The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center boasts over 90 registered student organizations (RSOs).  RSOs cover a wide variety of interest including academic initiatives, special interest groups, recreational sports, religious groups, honor societies, hobbies, culture clubs and more.   

Registration does not imply university endorsement of the purposes of the organization.Membership in student organizations cannot be restricted by gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Membership may be restricted by academic area, level of education (undergraduate, graduate, professional, etc.) or other academic/professional status.

A list of Student Organizations can be seen by clicking the following link:

HSC Registered Student Organizations

*This list will be updated regularly to reflect approved registered student organizations.

HSC Registered Student Organization Process 

Benefits of Registration

By registering your student organization with HSC Student Affairs, the following services are available:

  • Qualification to apply for HSC Student Association funding
  • Use of the David L. Boren Student Union (including room, booth, and patio usage) at no cost
  • Use of the HSC Daily News for event marketing
  • Access to bi-weekly RSO newsletter 
  • Ability to request approval to host an event with alcohol service
  • Use of University Trademarks (per OU Licensing policy)
  • Opportunity to create a web page

How to Register Your Organization

If your organization wishes to apply for HSC Student Government Association funding, a Student Organization Registration Application must be completed and submitted online no later than Monday, September 7, 2015 at 5:00 PM.

Student organizations that do not wish to apply for HSC Student Government Association funding may submit the Student Organization Registration Application at any time during the year.

Established Registered Student Organizations are required to complete Step 1 below each year and Steps 2 & 3 every three years.  If you are a new group on campus and wish to be a registered organization in good standing, please follow these steps:

  1. Completion of HSC Student Organization Registration online at 2015-16 OUHSC Student Organization Registration.
  2. Establishing a constitution and/or bylaws for the organization.
  3. Provide names and signatures of 10 current OUHSC students as founding members with designated officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.).  Include the name and signature of an OUHSC faculty or staff member who will be serving as Advisor/Sponsor for your organization.
  4. Submit your constitution and/or bylaws and signature sheet either in person or via email to:
HSC Student Affairs 
David L. Boren Student Union, Suite 300 
Oklahoma City, OK 73117

Contact HSC Student Affairs at (405) 271-2416 with questions.

Student Organizations must register each year and must have a faculty/staff advisor.

Example of constitution/bylaws for organization
Signature sheet

How to Receive Funding for Your Organization

Each fall, the HSC Student Government Association allocates funding to student organizations registered through HSC Student Affairs.

Guidelines for requesting funding:

  1. The organization must be fully registered with HSC Student Affairs by Monday, September 7, 2015 to be eligible to receive any funding from HSC Student Government Association.
  2. In order to apply for funding, the treasurer or another representative from your organization must attend one of the scheduled funding meetings to receive information about the funding process.  Funding meetings are scheduled for:
  • Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 5:15 PM
  • Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at NOON
  • Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 7 AM

*All meetings will take place in the David L. Boren Student Union, Room 260.

     3.  Complete the Student Activity Fee Allocation Form and submit to HSC Student Affairs by Sunday, September 13, 2015.

Fundraising Contacts for the Health Sciences Center

Student Organizations interested in fundraising for the University's medical research efforts may contact the organizations listed below.

Contact List for Fundraising

Important Forms, Links, and Policies

Please consult our Forms, Handbooks and Policies resource page.

For more information, contact:

HSC Student Affairs
(405) 271-2416
Toll-free: 1-877-577-5655