The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center boasts over 90 registered student organizations (RSOs). RSOs cover a wide variety of interest including academic initiatives, special interest groups, recreational sports, religious groups, honor societies, hobbies, culture clubs and more.
Registration does not imply university endorsement of the purposes of the organization. Approval of student organizations and their related activities shall be based upon such considerations as performance, educational purpose and other criteria related to the goals and objectives of the organization, and purposes of the activities and how they fit within the mission and scope of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. Membership in student organizations cannot be restricted by gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Membership may be restricted by academic area, level of education (undergraduate, graduate, professional, etc.) or other academic/professional status.
A list of Student Organizations can be seen by clicking the following link:
2013-2014 HSC Student Organizations
*This list will be updated regularly to reflect approved registered student organizations.
HSC Registered Student Organization Process
Benefits of Registration
By registering your student organization with HSC Student Affairs, student organizations are:
- Granted use of the David L. Boren Student Union (including room, booth, and patio usage)
- The ability to apply for HSC Student Association funding
- Use of the HSC Daily News
- Receive a weekly newsletter full of campus events and information
- The ability to request approval to host an event with alcohol service
- The ability to use trademark licensing
- The ability to create a web page
How to Register Your Organization
If your organization wishes to apply for HSC Student Government Association funding, a Student Organization Registration Application must be completed and submitted online no later than Monday, August 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM.
Student organizations that do not wish to apply for HSC Student Government Association funding may submit the Student Organization Registration Application at any time.
Established Registered Student Organizations are required to complete Step 1 below each year and Steps 2 & 3 every three years. If you are a new group on campus and wish to be a registered organization in good standing, please follow these steps:
- Completion of HSC Student Organization Registration online at: http://studentvoice.com/uo/20132014studentorganizations.
- Establishing a constitution/bylaws for the organization.
- Provide names and signatures of 10 current OUHSC students as founding members with designated officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.). Include the name and signature of an OUHSC faculty or staff member who will be serving as Advisor/Sponsor for your organization.
- Submit your constitution and/or bylaws and signature sheet either in person or via email to:
HSC Student Affairs
David L. Boren Student Union, Suite 300
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
Contact HSC Student Affairs at (405) 271-2416 with questions.
Student Organizations must register each year and must have a faculty/staff advisor.
Example of constitution/bylaws for organization
Example of Signature sheet
How to Receive Funding for Your Organization
Each fall, the HSC Student Government Association allocates funding to student organizations registered through HSC Student Affairs.
Guidelines for requesting funding:
- The organization must be fully registered with HSC Student Affairs by Friday, August 30, 2013to be eligible to receive any funding from HSC Student Government Association.
- In order to apply for funding, the treasurer or another representative from your organization must attend one of the following meetings to receive information about the funding process. All meetings will take place in the David L. Boren Student Union, Room 260.
- Complete the Student Activity Fee Allocation Form and submit to HSC Student Affairs by Friday, September 6, 2013.
Fundraising Contacts for the Health Sciences Center
Student Organizations interested in fundraising for the University's medical research efforts may contact the organizations listed below.
Contact List for Fundraising
Important Forms, Links, and Policies
Please consult our Forms, Handbooks and Policies resource page.
For more information, contact:
HSC Student Affairs