Frequently Asked Questions
About the HSC
- Is there campus housing at the Health Sciences Center?
Can HSC students buy OU season football tickets?
- Yes, there is student housing at the Health Sciences Center. University Village opened in 2003 exclusively for theHSC community. Located on the southeast edge of campus, residents enjoy gated parking and being within close vicinity to all campus buildings. Studio apartments and two bedroom, two story town homes are available. For more information, visit the University Village site or call (405) 271-0500.
Are there places to eat on the HSC campus?
- Yes. All HSC students have the ability to sign up for the season football ticket lottery or purchase season basketball tickets. For more information concerning OU season football ticket availability, read the Current Policy, call HSC Student Affairs at (405) 271-2416 or the OU Ticket Office at (405) 325-2424 or toll-free at 1-800-456-4668
Is there health insurance available for students through the university?
- A food court is located on the first floor of the David L. Boren Student Union. Students can choose from made-to-order sandwiches and wraps, hot-off-the grill items, salads, snack foods and beverages. Beakers, a 2004 addition to the HSC Student Union, serves Starbucks coffee, specialty foods and hot breakfast items. Dave's Place, a 2010 addition to the HSC Campus which offers a wide variety of options and is located in OU Physicians. For hours of business, call the HSC Food Court at (405) 271-3660.
Where is the David L. Boren Student Union located?
- All HSC students are required to have health insurance. Macori Insurance serves as the student insurance provider for the HSC campus. Insurance forms are available in the HSC Student Affairs office, located in the HSC Student Union and online. Please call Macori Insurance at 1-800-285-8133 for more information. Macori also provides Needlestick Coverage and a Dental Plan.
How far is the HSC from Norman, Oklahoma?
- The David L. Boren Student Union is located at 1106 North Stonewall in Oklahoma City on the east side of the HSC campus, bordered by the College of Pharmacy on the North, College of Nursing on the South and just East of the Robert M. Bird Library. For more directions, visit our Directions page
I am not a student. Where can I park when visiting campus?
- The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is located approximately 30 miles north of Norman off of I-235. For more directions, visit our Directions page
Is there a difference between a student services office and HSC Student Affairs?
- Metered visitor parking is located on the west side of the David L. Boren Student Union off of Stonewall Avenue . For more parking information, call HSC Parking Services at (405) 271-2020, or for directions, visit our Directions page
Are there scheduled tour days/times?
- Each HSC college (Medicine, Dentistry, Public Health, etc.) has a student services office. These offices provide college specific services for their students. HSC Student Affairs operates as an umbrella student services office for the entire campus, with a mission to enhance the academic experience for all students.
How many students are enrolled at the HSC?
- Any student may schedule a personalized tour for Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. by writing to or calling our prospective student services staff (see our Schedule a Tour page). For prospective students that cannot visit during the above hours, HSC Student Affairs hosts a monthly presentation held on the third Friday of the month on the Norman campus in Jacobson Hall at 12:30 p.m. For more information, contact HSC Student Affairs at (405) 271-2416.
Is there a fitness facility on the HSC campus available for student use?
- Approximately 4,500 students are enrolled at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. The HSC also employs nearly 4,600 faculty and staff.
- The University Health Club is located at 1000 N. Lincoln There is no charge for students to use these facilities. For more information Intramural Sports, please call (405) 271-2416. For information about the University Health Club, call (405) 271-1650.
- Can I apply online?
What are the deadlines for applications?
- Prospective students may apply for admission to the HSC online at http://www.ouhsc.edu/admissions/applyonline.html . Students that have applied for admission can also check the status of their application.
What are the requirements for admission?
- Deadlines for applications for admission are different for each college. Check the deadlines page for more information, or contact your college of interest.
What are the average costs of attending the HSC?
- Admission requirements for each college vary. For more information, visit your college of interest’s website or contact their student services or admissions office.
Where do I send my application for admission?
- Due to the individual nature of each program, costs of tuition and fees vary. To request a college cost sheet, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “College Cost Sheet” and your college/program of interest in the subject line. For more information regarding costs, contact HSC Financial Aid at (405) 271-2118 and check the "Paying for It" page.
Where is the Admissions and Records office?
- Prospective students are encouraged to Apply Online. If you have questions regarding this process, contact HSC Admissions and Records at (405) 271-2359
How can I get my transcript sent from the Norman campus to the HSC?
- HSC Admissions and Records has two locations on the HSC campus:
- David L. Boren Student Union, Room 104
1106 North Stonewall Avenue
- (405) 271-2683
- Basic Sciences Education Building (BSEB), Room 200
941 Stanton L. Young Walk, (405) 271-2359
- OU Norman campus students needing to have their transcripts sent to the HSC campus can submit a request from either the Norman Admissions, Records and Enrollment Services office, (405) 325-4147, or the HSC Admissions and Records office, (405) 271-2359