The Sooner Standard
- The Sooner Standard recognizes HSC students who go above and beyond in the area of volunteerism.
- This Award is in connection with the Oklahoma Standard, the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum campaign, committed to promoting these three acts – service, honor and kindness. Make the Oklahoma Standard Pledge today: https://okstandard.org/
- Students who log a certain amount of volunteer hours will be recognized with graduation cords.
- Log your Sooner Standard volunteer hours here: http://studentvoice.com/uoo/soonerstandard
Adopt-a-Patient: Winter Wishes and Adopt-a-Patient: Summer Smiles
HSC Student Affairs has teamed up with the OU Children's Hospital and the OU Medical Center to help patients feel "at home" throughout the year. Many families come to the hospital in emergency situations with little time to pack. The Adopt-a-Patient programs helps to ensure patients have what they need during their time in the hospitals. Volunteer your time and effort to help collect items as we comfort those in need. For more information, call HSC Student Affairs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adopt-A-Patient: Summer Smiles Sign Up | Now - August 5, 2016
For the 2016 Summer Season, HSC Student Affairs has teamed up with both the Children’s Hospital and the OU Medical Center. Our goal is to help the patients feel more secure and “at home” in the hospital. We are gathering new pajamas, blankets, toys and other simple comforts that can help. Many families come to the hospital in emergency situations, with little time to pack items. Additionally, over 70% of families served are considered “low-income” and could use a helping hand. Please contact HSC Student Affairs at 405-271-2416 for any questions.
* We appreciate your support, and please know that all donated items or funds to The Children's Hospital Volunteers are tax deductible, as it is a registered 501(c) (3) charity.
Step 1: Fill out an Adopt-A-Patient form online at
HSC Adopt-A-Patient Form
Step 2: The HSC Student Affairs office will assign a patient in need via email.
Step 3: Purchase item(s) indicated for your patient and return them UNWRAPPED to HSC Student Affairs, DLB UNION SUITE 300, no later than August 5 at 4 PM.
Please contact Zelina Estrada: Zelina-Estrada@ouhsc.edu or 405-271-2416 for additional questions.
OUHSC Big Event
The OUHSC Big Event is a student volunteer effort uniting all seven OUHSC health professional colleges in an effort to say "thank you" to the Oklahoma City community. OUHSC students volunteer services and training throughout the metro area during this one day event each spring.
For more information visit OUHSC Big Event.
Peggy & Charles Stephenson Oklahoma Cancer Center
The Oklahoma Cancer Center is located at the Health Sciences Center and is looking for caring idividuals from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of experiences to volunteer in one of the following categories:
Peer Support Volunteer
For more information about volunteering at the Oklahoma Cancer Center, please contact Valerie Bjerk at (405) 271-8001 Ext 48600