Due to the disruptions of your lives and our campuses caused by COVID-19, you may be eligible to apply for U.S. Department of Education CARES Act funds meant to assist with expenses incurred after March 13, 2020. In accordance with the CARES Act, these student grants are for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child-care expenses. Because these are grant funds, they will not affect any financial aid funds a student may have. Please complete the application here.
Please note there is no deadline to submit; however, funds are limited and will be awarded in the order qualifying applications are received.
The University of Oklahoma is following the guidance of the Department of Education regarding distribution of the CARES Act funds available for emergency financial grants. OU will continue to monitor the guidance and make any adjustments needed to meet federal guidance. For more information regarding the Department of Education CARES Act, please visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/caresact.html.
Below are specific CARES Act Emergency Grant requirements:
- Current University of Oklahoma enrolled undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
- Must be either an eligible U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen who is eligible for Title IV funding.
- Students who have or can demonstrate financial need or hardship caused by or because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Students who submitted a FAFSA for the 2019-2020 school year and who are eligible for Title IV funding.
- Students who are in good academic standing and enrolled in at least one non-online course.
- Students who are not in default on a federal student loan.
- Students who have completed a CARES Act Emergency Grant Application.
In accordance with the CARES Act, granted funds must go directly to students. Direct deposit is the preferred method for you to receive funds. If you are not signed up for direct deposit, please follow the link here: https://gohsc.ouhsc.edu
CARES Act funds cannot be used to pay tuition and fees, but the University of Oklahoma and the OU Foundation are working hard to secure financial aid resources to assist students to continue their education at OU. If you have questions or need financial assistance, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (405) 271-2118.
HSC Office of Student Financial Aid
(405) 271-2118 | Financial-Aid@ouhsc.edu
University Research Park | Building 865, Suite 240