After making your one-hour appointment on WC Online, come to the office (Room 214 in the HSC Student Union) with two copies of your paper either paper or electronic. Or you can come to brainstorm ideas, talk about research, work on an outline, or practice a presentation; just do bring whatever materials you will need to support those activities. You will work one-to-one with Dr. Carter on anything concerning your writing. This will include reading aloud and lots of conversation about writing.
Be sure your machine has a camera and mic for online appointments. Internet access will also be required. This is a synchronous appointment, which means you will meet in the chat room at the same time as Dr. Carter.
For best results, please use Mozilla Firefox as your web browser.
Email a Document
If you would like a document reviewed, email it to email@example.com. It will be returned within 3-5 business days with comments using Word’s review feature. Note that nothing in the paper will be changed or edited; the author will need to revise the paper as per the commentary, so time should be allowed for this.
- Email paper to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide the following information: your program, the nature of the assignment, and the due date
- Note—you will only receive an automatic reply to your submission
- Your paper will be returned with bubble comments within 3-5 business days
- Revise and return for commentary if needed
Contact the Writing Center if you do not receive your paper in 5 business days.