All University of Oklahoma employees, resident physicians, and students, please note the NEW screening guidance as of May 19, 2020.
Each time you experience one of the following scenarios, you must complete an online screening tool* for assessment and clearance PRIOR to returning to campus or returning to a University-related function.
- You have been away from campus for 7 consecutive days or more.
- You returned from domestic or international travel in the last 14 days. Domestic travel is defined as travel outside the State of Oklahoma.
- You attended an event or entertainment venue of greater than 50 people at which participants were not wearing masks and/or did not practice appropriate social distancing in the last 14 days.
- You experienced close contact to an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You have experienced symptoms that could be consistent with COVID-19 in the last 14 days such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, and/or extreme fatigue. Please contact your primary care provider with any personal medical questions for guidance concerning your specific symptoms.
- You or a member of your household has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 60 days.
Please contact your campus health clinic for further guidance:
- OU Norman: Goddard Health Center Nurse line at 405-325-8732,
- OU Health Sciences Center: HSC Student and Employee Health at 405-271-2577 or email Employee-Health@ouhsc.edu, or
- OU Tulsa Campus: OU-Tulsa Student and Employee Health at 918-660-3102 or email TulsaStudentHealth@ouhsc.edu.
* A medical professional will be in contact with you, typically within 24 hours following submission of your form. Based on a medical professional’s review of your information utilizing criteria developed by public health and infectious disease experts, you may be directed to observe a self-isolation period up to 14 days. Employees are encouraged to discuss their scheduling with supervisors.
Because COVID-19 remains a fluid situation and University
policies will continue to be modified, Student and Employee Health clinic staff
will not be able to give travel guidance relative to future travel and whether
or not isolation will be required.
Given the unique nature of the programs at the OU Health Sciences Center campuses in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, our health care mission, and our patient populations, this screening requirement is an important effort we can implement to stop the spread of COVID-19.
If you need assistance accessing the online screening tool with your OU/OUHSC assigned login and password, please contact your campus IT Help Desk.
Reporting & Screening Tool