The OU College of Pharmacy Pillars For Success Undergraduate Camp provides up to 10 pre-pharmacy students who have completed at least 24 semester hours, a 2-week intensive camp designed to provide the foundation for a successful pharmacy school application. Sessions will include PCAT prep, one-on-one application coaching, introduction to pharmacy school topics, interaction with faculty, alumni, and pharmacy students, teamwork, leadership development, interviewing skills, job shadowing, and more.
This camp is FREE and all necessary materials will be provided to applicants. However, participants are financially responsible for their own personal travel and lodging.
Who's Eligible for the Camp?
We accept a maximum of 10 students for the camp. Applicants must have completed at least their freshman year of college or a minimum of 24 semester hours and must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be pre-pharmacy and currently working on completing pre-requisite course requirements. Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 overall GPA.
- Priority will be given to applicants living in the OKC metro area or who attend OU Norman or come from a disadvantaged background or represent a group that is underrepresented in the health professions. However, all qualified students are welcome to apply.
- Applicants accepted for the camp must be able to provide their own transportation and housing for the duration of the camp. Some meals will be provided and all activities, materials, and assessments will be provided by OUCOP.
- Interested students must complete the online application by Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Those selected to participate in the camp will be notified by Friday, April 17, 2020 and will be required to confirm attendance no later than Friday, April 24, 2020.
- Transcripts will be required to be received by Pharmacy Student Affairs no later than Friday, April 10, 2020.
- If we receive more applications than spaces available, a waitlist will be created for qualified applicants based on the order in which the applications were received.
Camp Participant Benefits
- Enhance your pharmacy school application
- Receive valuable study prep materials, other leadership assessments, and advice
- Participate in unique pharmacy opportunities
- Network with faculty, alumni, and students
- Network with potential future classmates
- Leadership and teamwork development
- Enhance your interviewing skills
- Learn more about financing your pharmacy education
Questions about the camp or application process can be directed to Jennifer Richardson at 405-271-6598 or firstname.lastname@example.org.